Are you looking for an engaging, Fall project that will have your culinary arts or FCS students excited about cooking? This chili cook-off project is a complete lesson with a history of chili, an anticipatory KWL chart to assess what students know about chili, descriptions of different chilis, and a chili cook-off student project with a rubric and scorecard for judges.
Includes Google Version as well!
What’s Included in this Culinary Arts and FCS Project?
- KWL (what do you know, want to know and what did you learn chart) to be used as an anticipatory set or class starter.
- 2-page History of Chili Reading
- 1-page Types of Chili Reading
- 10 comprehension questions to check for understanding
- Chili Cook-Off project that includes:
- a rubric
We use this in the fall for our students and they love the hands-on activity!