This salads and dressings lesson includes everything you need for your culinary arts, Prostart, or FCS class to teach salads. It comes in both Google, PowerPoint, and printable versions that make teaching and assigning it easy!
included in this Culinary Arts resource is a slideshow to introduce the concept of salads as well as guided notes, questions, recipes, and more.
What is included in this salads and dressings lesson:
- 40-page slide show on salads and dressings including:
- elements of a salad
- history of salad
- types of salad
- types of dressing
- famous salads
- types of lettuce greens
- how to make balsamic dressing
- types of salad dressings
- 8 pages of guided notes to follow along with the slideshow for students in both print and Google
- Questions about the different salads and dressings for students to answer after learning in both print and Google
- Recipes including:
- wedge salad recipe
- balsamic vinegarette dressing recipe
- Create your Own Salad Activity that can be used as an independent assignment for early finishers or cooperative learning.
- Answer key for student questions for easy grading or for sub plans
Let us do the work for you when planning your culinary arts and FCS classes!
Strand 15- Explain the role of salads on a menu. Identify and describe the various ingredients used to make salads. List the 4 parts of a salad and explain the role of each. Identify procedures for cleaning and storing salad greens. Prepare vinaigrettes and other emulsions.
National Family and Consumer Sciences Standards:
8.5- Prepare various salads, dressings, marinades, and spices using safe handling and professional preparation techniques.
All rights reserved by the author
Permission to copy for single classroom use only
There are no reviews yet.