This egg lesson is a great sub plan for Family and Consumer Science or Culinary Arts class. I have students read all about eggs, match the types of eggs, label the parts of the eggs and then answer the questions. It can be printed with the PDF file or assigned in Google Classroom with the Google Link. You do not need to prep anything, just have it ready in your sub folder and it should take a class period.
Students will understand the importance of eggs in baking, eggs around the world, different egg dishes, parts of an egg and more.
What does this Egg Sub Plan Cover?
- brief history of eggs
- composition of an egg
- nutrition in eggs
- baking with eggs
- the different ways to cook eggs including:
- hard boiled
- soft boiled
- over easy
- over hard
- sunny side up
- the parts of an egg including the yolk, eggshell, membrane, air cell, etc.
- types of eggs eaten around the world that are a great addition to global cuisine
What’s Included in this Culinary Arts Sub Plan?
- 7 pages of information/reading all about eggs
- 25 questions including:
- name 2 different animal eggs that are consumed around the world.
- what is the purpose of including eggs in baked goods?
- list 3 egg dishes
- what part of an egg contains fat?
- Questions about an egg cookery video and website on egg recipes
- Label the egg activity
- Answer Key for easy grading
What teachers are saying:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ This is a wonderful resource to use with students. They were engaged with the activities and it would also be something easy to use for a substitute. Thank you!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Great to leave in Google Classroom for sub plans. Students can self-guide themselves through the activity.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ This was very useful and the students really enjoyed it!
There are no reviews yet.