Do you need detailed plans for your food safety culinary unit? This is a complete food safety unit for culinary arts, family consumer science, and life skills classes. It is a 7-day unit that includes complete lesson plans, activities, and an assessment. These are administration observation ready!
⭐ These materials come in both print and Google.
What is included:
- 7 days of editable lesson plans with standards
- Slideshows and guided notes on food safety and sanitation, common food allergens and handwashing
- Food safety crime scene activity
- Food safety video questions
- Food safety review game
- Exit ticket
- Editable quiz in both Google and print
- Food handler doodle notes
- Editable choice board for early finishers
Check out our Culinary Arts Bell Ringer Journal to start each class!
National Family and Consumer Science Standards
8.2: Demonstrate food safety and sanitation procedures.
*8.2.1 Identify characteristics of major food-borne pathogens, their role in causing illness, foods involved in outbreaks, and methods of prevention.
*8.2.7 Demonstrate safe food handling and preparation techniques that prevent cross-contamination from potentially hazardous foods, between raw and ready-to-eat foods, and between animal and fish sources and other food products.
6.1 Define what a foodborne-illness outbreak is, and list the costs associated with one.
6.2 Recognize risks associated with high-risk populations.
6.3 Identify factors that affect the growth of pathogens (FAT TOM).
6.4 Identify characteristics of TCS food and list examples.
6.5 Identify ways food becomes unsafe.
6.6 Identify the most common allergens and methods for preventing allergic reactions.
⭐ Let’s Connect:
Email List Get FREE Culinary Posters
Get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Go to your My Purchases page (log in first). Click on the Provide Feedback button to leave a rating and a short comment. You’ll earn TPT credits, which you can redeem on future purchases!
All rights reserved by author
Permission to copy for single classroom use only