A mac and cheese challenge is a great way to get students excited about cooking and working in the kitchen while learning important skills! This family and consumer science and culinary arts project includes everything you need to put together a fun gourmet macaroni and cheese challenge with your students.
- Reading about mac & cheese including the history of the dish and its rise in the US
- Questions within the reading to check for understanding
- Editable Rubric in both Google and PDF
- Brainstorming Sheet for students
- Recipe template for students’ creations
- Mac & Cheese Challenge Banner for the classroom
- Teacher directions for the project based on how we do it in our classroom
- Scoreboard for in-class taste testing
This resource comes in both a zip file and in Google form (link included in zip).
Your culinary arts, Prostart, family consumer science, home economics, or CTE students will love this project! This also makes a great observation lesson for you!
All rights reserved by author
Permission to copy for single classroom use only