This is a cooking methods unit in both print and digital version included that will have you planned for 9 days of Intro. to Culinary Arts. It includes editable, detailed lesson plans in PowerPoint as well as day-by-day activities, interactive notes, a food lab, a study guide, a review game, and an assessment.
What Content is Covered in This Unit?
- categories of cooking methods including dry heat, moist heat, and combination heat
- vocabulary such as “sear”, reduce, and “blanch”.
- 12 cooking methods including baking, roasting, frying, sous vide, and more.
- examples of dishes that are best suited for each cooking method.
- Detailed, editable daily lesson plans with standards, objectives, anticipatory sets, and closure.
- Bell ringer and exit ticket sheet
- Interactive notebook in print and digital
- Presentation on the different cooking methods and vocabulary
- WebQuest to review cooking methods
- Wordsearch to review cooking methods
- Potato Project that has students cooking potatoes in the different cooking methods with instructions, recipe ideas, and a rubric. Editable
- Lesson on sous vide
- Study guide – editable
- Jeopardy review game on cooking methods – editable
- Editable test to check for understanding
- Answer Keys
There are no reviews yet.