This is a complete Intro to Culinary Arts unit on fruits, vegetables, herbs, and spices that includes editable lesson plans, assessments, and activities that will take 14 days for a 40-minute class. Great for Culinary, CTE, Family and Consumer Science, or Foods 1.
What’s Included in this Culinary Unit:
- Everything in both Google, PPT, and PDF
- 14 days of editable lesson plans
- Editable slides for fruits, vegetables, herbs, and spices
- Guided notes for each topic
- Questions for each topic
- Name that Veg Activity
- Fruits and Veggies around the room activity
- Herbs and Spices Tasting activity
- Webquests for fruit and vegetables
- Herbs and Spices escape room
- Word searches for fruits and vegetables
- Recipes for fruit salsa, fruit pizza and salsa
- Crossword puzzle herbs and spices
- Study guide
- Editable quiz
- Editable final assessment
- Students will explore and utilize fruits
- Identify seasons of fruits and utilization of each.
- Identify the difference between seasoning, flavoring, herbs, and spices. Describe and demonstrate all basic pre-preparation techniques.
National Family Consumer Science Standards:
- Prepare various fruits using safe handling and professional preparation techniques.
- Demonstrate cooking methods that increase nutritional value, lower calorie and fat content, and utilize herbs and spices to enhance flavor.
Email List for freebies and updates on new lessons