Are you looking for a way to introduce your students to Native American Indigenous people’s foods and their contribution to American cuisine? This Global Foods lesson includes a slide show about the history of native, indigenous foods, a fry bread recipe, pre-contact and post-contact information, video questions, and more! Great for Indigenous People Day or any day of the year!
This resource is no-prep to you and is in both Google and PowerPoint versions, so you can either assign it in Google Classroom or present and work on it in class!
What’s Included in this Global Foods Resource?
Slides in both PPT and Google on:
- pre-contact period before Europeans came to America
- first contact period
- relocation and government ration period
- modern Native American cuisine and chefs
- indigenous ingredients
- how Europeans impacted Native American foods.
- Traditional Fry Bread recipe
- Guided notes
- Video questions (in Google folder)
- Research activity to learn more about one of the 3 chefs discussed!
Have questions? Email me at: email@example.com
NYS Global Foods Standards- Regional Cuisine of the United States Performance Objective 1 RC.1 Investigate the seven regions of the United States and the origins of their food traditions. Explore factors that have influenced the development of the food traditions of each region RC.1.3. Analyze the nutritional value of the foods of each region
⭐ You May Also Like these Culinary Arts Lessons:
Email List for freebies and updates on new lessons
All rights reserved by the author
Permission to copy for single classroom use only